Friday, 7 March 2014

Pretty in Pink


I don't know what's come over me - maybe the sudden spots of sun we're getting, or the pastel collections dropping in stores - but I've suddenly been gripped by an urge to wear pink. If I had any pink clothes anymore, problem solved, but I don't: so makeup it is!
Of course, blush is the easiest way to provide a wearable pink flush with makeup - my favourites are mostly creams since they are easier to blend out. For a natural, glowy pink I go with Diorblush Cheek Creme in Capri (£20.40) - I reviewed it here. For a cheaper option, go for Bourjois Cream Blush in Rose Tender (£7.99)* which is less candy pink and has more brown in it (see swatches here). Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Androgen (£17.50) is a perfect two-for-one: you can use it on your cheeks or your lips, and you can see me use it both ways here. When I want more sparkle, I'll sweep NARS Orgasm (£22.50) over my cheeks through my temples for a blush and highlight in one. I got this sample size in Paris, and you can see me wearing it here.
I have been wary in the past when it comes to pink lipstick, and I usually prefer to go more purple - but for a light, rosy pink I apply Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon (£7.49) - swatched here - and for a high-shine, long-lasting stain I apply L'Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash in Romy (£7.99): see it here.
Nails! And although I enjoy a bold or vampy pink on the nails, sometimes only soft, pastel shades will do. I enjoy either Essie Ballet Slippers (£7.99) or OPI Passion (£7.77)* which I swatched here.
Eyes are maybe the hardest to get right with pink - but I love NARS Grand Palais (£24) for an extremely wearable dusty mauve, and more recently Urban Decay's Naked 3 (£37) for varieties of rose gold shimmer. You can see the NARS shade here, and I swatched the Naked 3 here.

How do you wear pink?
S xx

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful shades! I need to dig out my L'Oreal Glamshine stains, they're so pretty this time of year.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...